Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Chey finds the dog of his life

Chey and his dog, Scarface
One of the best things of being in my hometown is that I get to spend time with my awesome sisters.

One afternoon not long after we arrived we had our first sunny day, and we (all the sisters+Chey) decided to go for a hike up a close-by hill, El cerrito de la cruz.

On the way to the base we passed by a couple of stray dogs, a lab-like black male with a deep cut on his snout, and a lassie-like female that looked a bit rastafari. As we do, we politely said good afternoon, and instantly both of them started following Chey us.

They stayed with us all the way up and stayed there with us. We called them Scarface and Lassie. He seemed to be very protective of her, who was older and obviously had a hard time going all the way up. He also walked right next to Chey the whole time, learnt how to play fetch, obeyed when told not to attack a random dog, and when we returned to town he followed us back to the fence outside my dad's place (my dad instantly started thinking about adopting him).
Scarface and Lassie enjoy the sun after the hike
It was such a nice afternoon and those dogs were so sweet that we spent all the rest of our time in El Bolsón trying to find them again, but it never happened. We still think of them, and I'm 100% convinced that if Chey had the money he would bring his dog back to Australia. Not instead of me, as dirty rumours say. But he was an awesome dog, and I hope they never forget each other.


"Who's that lady and why is she taking my human's atention?"


Sisters walking down.

Scarface takes a bath

No comments:

Post a Comment