Monday, February 23, 2015

December 8 to December 8. 48 hours from Brisbane to Buenos Aires.

A very fresh and healthy Chey finishes stripping his room.

It all began at 3 in the morning (THREE IN THE MORNING), when our bags were finally packed and our spirits ready (though our brains might have been still asleep).
With approx 11 kilos of baggage each -more than double the weight I went to Australia with... it's insane the amount of rubbish one collects in less than a year- we had a pleasant ride to the airport with my favorite taxi driver.

Once we arrived, the first thing that happened to us was a pretty stressful situation with a Quantas lady who was sure Chey couldn't get on the plane to Argentina without a plane ticket out of the country. We started to panick and try to defend our case -since I happened to know what she was saying was not true- but were getting more and more afraid that he would actually have to stay. Imagine that.
As it turned out he could get on the plane, and all it took was a manager who actually knew his stuff to say "pfff! that's nonsense! Do your research, lady!" (might not be his actual words)
Not particularly tempted to fly Quantas again, by the way.

The flight was as smooth as could be expected. I listened to some music, slept, woke up to eat, slept, had pleasant chats  with Chey, slept, eat a bit more and then slept. I remember I watched a movie, but I couldn't say which. It made me very sleepy, so I took a nap. I think Chey didn't get more than 2 or 3 hours of sleep, which made me feel a bit guilty.

After one connection in Sydney and one in Auckland, and 11 hours  flying over the seemingly endless Pacific Ocean, we landed in South America, at the airport of Santiago. Chey was a big ball of jet lag and tiredness, and incredibly managed to take a nap on the not-too-comfy seats while we waited for our plane to Buenos Aires, where the adventure would really begin. For real.


Napping at Santiago airport.

The view from the window. It was going to take us almost three months to see Santiago for real.

Emperor Meow was very grumpy after the long flight.
(And look at my daypack, because you'll witness its slow decay)


2 comments:

  1. Love it! Feel like I was there :D Strange that she didn't want to let Chey leave the country haha. Did she think he was trying to join Isis or something? Xx Tuli

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look suspiciously terrorist :p

    ReplyDelete